Posted on: January 15, 2022
In this position, the candidate will be responsible for complete
ownership of activities relating to new product development and
portfolio management across Sabert's multiple sales channels from
initial design concepts through approval of production tooling to
manufacturing completion. He/She will actively initiate, lead, and
participate on multiple projects of varying complexity and will
ensure team executes on projects/initiatives as expected. There
should be a constant focus on continuous improvement. The PM
inspires high performance, takes a stand to resolve higher issues,
makes tough decisions, and prioritizes. He/she takes responsibility
and actions towards creating a successful team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project management (50%)
- Identify and Manage project risks.
- Develop and manage budgets for multiple projects (5+ projects
or fewer projects with High complexity)
- Manage and report timelines and key milestones of individual
- Co-ordinate and monitor all internal and external activities.
Prioritize activities to make best use of resources and ensure
commitments to customers are delivered.
- Work closely with the Design and Tooling teams to ensure
products meet our Design to Value criteria
- Ensure Sabert's Product Standards, optimal Process Conditions,
and "Fit for Use" Criteria are incorporated into all projects.
- Ensure projects follow the Sabert Stage Gate process and manage
those projects through the appropriate gates.
- Coordinate and oversee preparation of all New Product Capital
- Work with Finance to Estimate Cost structures & P&Ls for
- Perform "postmortem" evaluations of all projects.
Portfolio Management (20%)
- Has portfolio oversight (NPD metrics) within a Collection or
- Provides strategic perspective within a Product Collection or
Channel as it relates to short term and long-term goals.
- Identifies project portfolio interdependencies and develops
contingency planning as necessary
Process Management (10%)
- Responsible for identifying continuous improvement
opportunities and leading efforts to implement them
- Work with the NPD execution team to continuously evaluate and
improve the Sabert NPD process.
People Management (20%)
- Manages other Project Managers within their Channels &
- May coach New Hires
- Expert in mentoring others
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive experience managing multiple product
- Ability to positively influence at all levels within the
organization to achieve project goals.
- Thinks beyond the customer request to the intent of the
- Basic familiarity with 3D solid-modeling software or proven
ability to learn new software (not including MS Office); Basic
knowledge of Solidworks a plus.
- Ability to develop complete and accurate budgets, project
justifications and timelines.
- Strong written & oral communication and leadership skills.
- General knowledge of tooling development processes, plastic
materials & processing methodologies such as injection molding and
- Working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project.
- Work in accordance with all company policies and procedures
regarding employment, safety, quality, product safety and legality,
security, and regulatory compliance as applicable.
- Skilled: Negotiation Skills; Relationship Management Skills;
Collaborate to get results
Innovate for Growth
- Skilled: Innovation
Create a High-Performance Culture
- Skilled: Project Management; Mentoring Skills
Focus and Execute
- Skilled: Project Management Knowledge; PM Tools and
- Highly-Skilled: Issue Resolution/Decision Making; Ability to
Focus and Execute; Complexity Management
Compete to Win
- Skilled: Stakeholder Management; Strategic Leadership; Business
Value; Promotes Best Practices
Commit to Personal Effectiveness
- Skilled: Experience; Maturing
- Highly-Skilled: Written Communication; Verbal Communication
- Requires a Bachelor's of Science degree, preferably in
Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent. MBA a plus.
- Twelve 12+ years of Product Development/Project Management
experience ideally within the plastics packaging manufacturing
- Ten 10 years experience in management position (with
- Demonstrated achievements in team leadership and team
- Prior experience managing within a Stage Gate process and
Pay, benefits and more.
Sabert is eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
We are a leading global manufacturer of innovative food packaging
products and solutions. Our company was founded in 1983 on a single
mission: to enhance and advance the way people enjoy food . Today
we design, manufacture and distribute a wide spectrum of packaging
solutions for food distributors, restaurants & caterers, grocery
stores, national food chains and consumer entertaining.
Keywords: Sabert, Sayreville , Project Manager, Executive , Sayreville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!