Corporate Machine Reliability Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
This role leads projects and initiatives which continuously improve
the effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance functions
across all of Sabert's plants. The overall objective is to improve
machine reliability and reduce downtime at each facility. Machine
Reliability, Energy Savings, Building Construction and New
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Systems and Work Standards:
- Provide direction and oversight on the structure of the
SAP-Preventive Maintenance system.
- Serve as the "business owner" of the SAP-PM system, working
with the IT team to identify and implement upgrades and
- Establish, in partnership with plant maintenance leaders, work
standards and best practices for all major maintenance processes
(approaches for PMs, maintenance "blitzes", etc.); provide
oversight and guidance on the implementation and ongoing
improvement of these best practices.
- Ensure compliance with agreed upon maintenance systems,
processes and procedures across the plants.
- Facilitate the sharing of learnings and innovations to
continuously improve maintenance systems and processes.
Spare Parts and Unused Equipment:
- Establish standards for the storage and upkeep of spare parts
store rooms at the plant level.
- Establish and oversee a centralized approach to purchase, store
and utilize high cost spare parts across the plant network.
- Oversee and seek ways to continuously reduce costs in the
selection and purchasing of spare parts and equipment.
- Oversee a process to effectively re-purpose, store, sell and/or
dispose of unused equipment across the plant network.
Reporting and Performance Tracking:
- Establish, in partnership with plant maintenance leaders, key
metrics (leading and lagging indicators) for the maintenance
- Monitor and ensure all plant infrastructure programs are
meeting established goals and objectives: internal & external water
treatment and electrical power programs (i.e. Enernoc, gas
generators, solar power systems).
- Perform an annual review of each plant's controls platform to
ensure it is maintained in accordance to standards (drive systems,
Microsoft platforms, PLC, etc.).
- Ensure key metrics are tracked and reported across the
organization; work to automate and simplify data collection and
- Initiate projects and initiatives to pro-actively drive
improvement in the key metrics, at both the local plant level and
across the plants.
- Provide functional oversight, coaching and support to the plant
- Serve as interim maintenance leader at any of the plant sites
on a temporary basis should the need arise.
- Establish targeted staffing levels of the maintenance
organizations to support the operations at each plant.
- Establish, working in partnership with HR, the creation and
upkeep of common standards for the development/certification of
maintenance staff across the plants.
- Establish, working in partnership with the HR/Technical
training team, appropriate training and development programs for
all maintenance staff, from new hires to experienced staff.
- Provide advice and counsel on the creation of maintenance
apprenticeship programs at the local level.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Leadership and managerial ability demonstrated by progressive
increases in responsibilities.
- Ability to work well across teams and in a matrix
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance processes; deep understanding
of industrial equipment.
- Results orientation; high levels of personal initiative, energy
and ownership for success.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to
communicate across entire breadth of the organization (shop floor -
esp. in a Spanish speaking environment - to executive level).
- Strong service ethic; understands and embraces service
relationship with internal customers.
- Strong project management skills; well organized; demonstrated
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably Plastics,
Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial.
- 10+ years of experience in the plastics industry, ideally
including extrusion and thermoforming.
- 5+ years of experience in a maintenance leadership role in a
- Experience working with Preventive Maintenance systems;
experience with SAP PM is a plus.
- Experience working in a TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) or
Operational Excellence environment.
- Experience in project management and team facilitation.
- Experience in a multi-site manufacturing organization.
Pay, benefits and more.
Sabert is eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
We are a leading global manufacturer of innovative food packaging
products and solutions. Our company was founded in 1983 on a single
mission: to enhance and advance the way people enjoy food . Today
we design, manufacture and distribute a wide spectrum of packaging
solutions for food distributors, restaurants & caterers, grocery
stores, national food chains and consumer entertaining.
Keywords: Sabert, Sayreville , Corporate Machine Reliability Manager, Executive , Sayreville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!