Posted on: January 20, 2023
The Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing day to day
operations of the plant including but not limited to safety,
quality, machine efficiencies, waste, preventative maintenance, and
overall profitability of the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the plant and
for the safety of the manufacturing work force. Ensures all
departments have the necessary safety training, required
documentation are up to date, appropriate and complete.
- Responsible for responding to plant safety audit results and
for eliminating any unsafe work conditions.
- Responsible for the overall management and direction of
department production managers and the maintenance department.
- Ensures that Maintenance Work Order System and Preventative
Maintenance programs are being carried out in all areas of Plant
- Responsible for ensuring that manufacturing complies with all
customer quality, food safety, and audit requirements.
- Works with Quality Assurance on various quality improvement
initiatives, audit preparation and response, and quality
- Manages response and handling of internal, external and
supplier related quality issues, including corrective action,
follow-up audit and assessment of held material if required.
- Coordinates with production scheduling to ensure customer due
dates are met, staffing is appropriate to meet the plan and that
plant maintains proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for driving process improvement initiatives for all
KPI's including safety, quality, machine efficiency, labor hours,
waste, preventative maintenance, and cost management.
- Analyzes and reviews key manufacturing data including safety,
quality, machine efficiency, labor hours, and waste to ensure
facility meets annual fiscal budget in addition to company
operational goals and objectives.
- Reviews and approves all plant purchases. Sets a tone of fiscal
responsibility across all departments.
- Responsible for training and development of the salaried and
hourly employees to ensure strong organizational capability of the
organization is sustained.
- Works with Plant HR Managers and appropriate department
managers on employee discipline and overall response to issues and
conditions that may affect the work force.
- Works with Director of Engineering and other Manufacturing or
Plant Managers to optimize plant operations.
- Maintains positive working relationship with all clients,
suppliers, and departments within the company.
- Work with local community and HR to develop education programs
to get skilled employees.
- Work with local and county governments to resolve plant related
- Develop strategic plan for plant operations.
- Coordinate strategic meetings for plant growth (ex. Capital
meetings, Capacity meeting, Product Improvement, etc.)
- Supports all other company initiatives as assigned.
- Hire, direct and coach direct reports and other key staff
- Establish an environment which motivates and engages talent in
the plant to achieve desired results
- Create an environment which supports the ongoing training and
development of all staff within the plant organization
- Foster a positive work environment through open and ongoing
communications and behavior consistent with Sabert's Values
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or
university in Engineering, Business, Finance or equivalent, or
related discipline experience.
- Minimum of 10-12 years experience as a proven manager in a
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a high production
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals and technical procedures. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence and effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers,
and the public.
- Must have working knowledge of equipment design and
capabilities, cost issues in order to make daily decisions that
will reduce overall costs and help the managers/supervisors find
areas that require improvement.
- Excellent time management skills, employee relation skills
including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise
personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback.
- Must demonstrate positive motivational skills and confidence
including providing a consistent leadership style with an
acceptable level of assertiveness
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, and
- Effective oral and communication skills. Ability to clearly
communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external
- Must be able to develop strong teams focused on company goals
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong
organizational and planning abilities, and excellent analytical and
problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast paced, dynamic
environment, where change is a way of life.
- Must have ability to apply analytical and continuous
improvement skills sets effectively in a high-speed manufacturing
- Domestic and International travel occasionally
Keywords: Sabert, Sayreville , Plant Manager, Executive , Sayreville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!