Laboratory/Studio Assistant - Radiologic Technology - **Extended Search
Company: Brookdale Community College
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Laboratory/Studio Assistant - Radiologic Technology - **Extended
Laboratory/Studio Assistant - Radiologic Technology
Applicant Posting Category Dropdown
FT - 10mo
$39,194 (prorated to 10-months)
Work directly with students to provide support with specialized
equipment and/or technology.
Description of Duties
Supervise students in laboratory/studio experiences, supporting
student acquisition of knowledge and skills of the course learning
- Monitor the safe and appropriate use of lab/studio equipment
and operate the equipment safely.
- Reinforce classroom instruction in the lab setting.
- Facilitate student study groups.
- Provide assistance to students related to equipment and
Maintain and repair lab facilities and equipment.
- Prepare demonstration material for faculty
- Recommend purchase of lab supplies, material, equipment and
- Setup and breakdown of equipment and supplies as
- Requisition supplies needed for laboratory use throughout the
- Participate in long range planning for laboratory
Assist in conducting student services functions as needed and
coordinate hourly help in the lab.
- Collaborate with faculty to schedule lab and/or simulation
- Maintain records of student attendance and performance in lab
and provide input to faculty as appropriate.
- Proctor special exams as needed.
- Oversee work study students and student help and coordinate
hourly help in the lab.
- Maintain and review student radiation monitoring
- Input completed student laboratory and clinical competency
evaluations into student database.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as
- Bachelor's degree required in the field or equivalent
combination of education and experience in which comparable
knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
AAS Degree in Radiologic Technology.
RRT certification and licensure as a Radiologic Technologist in
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Expertise in handling and treating equipment specific to
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the proven
ability to develop effective working relationships with students,
staff and faculty.
- Proven ability to work effectively with students of varying
ages, cultures, and knowledge base.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas, principles and concepts
effectively in individual or small group settings.
- Computer literacy skills at an intermediate level including a
proven ability to utilize and apply. Microsoft Office Outlook,
Word, Excel, and Power Point as well as specialized software
programs. and computer applications essential to the learning
process. e.g. the College's Learning Management System and
- Knowledge of information research strategies.
- Knowledge of web-enhanced or online presentations.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
- Fluency in a second language may be required.
Preferred Qualifications & Special Considerations
Knowledge of Monmouth County and its communities.
This is a College-wide position that may require flexible
hours/schedule in any Brookdale location. Must be able to
handle/treat harmful chemicals, substances, and/or equipment
specific to the lab/studio. Certain disciplines require the ability
to travel locally, the ability to lift, push or pull up to 60 lbs.,
and requirements to meet grooming and appearance standards in
conformance with Board of Health requirements.
Posting Detail Information
Desired Start Date
Duration, If Temporary
Recommended Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
** A review of applications will be be ongoing until the position
is filled. Previous applicants do not need to reapply. Credentials
are still under full consideration.
Keywords: Brookdale Community College, Sayreville , Laboratory/Studio Assistant - Radiologic Technology - **Extended Search, IT / Software / Systems , Lincroft, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!