Shipping Supervisor - Direct Hire, Somerset, NJ
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Shipping Supervisor - Direct Hire, Somerset, NJOur valued client
located in Somerset, NJ is the world leader in Salon and Spa
Design, Salon Equipment Manufacturing and Dental Equipment
Manufacturing.-- They are currently seeking an experience Shipping
Supervisor to join their growing team.-- This role is a permanent
direct hire opportunity, with a salary of approx. 60K dependent
upon experience.-- The hours for this opportunity are
8:30am-5:30pm, and the client offers a generous benefits package as
well.This role reports to the Factory Operations Manager and will
organize and oversee a team of employees to ensure that products
are properly loaded and unloaded, and direct truck drivers for
deliveries. They must ensure every shipment arrives on time and
within budget. They monitor and oversee outgoing and incoming
shipping activities to verify items are shipping to the correct
location and in good condition. They make sure weights are
correctly posted, that correct charges are applied, and that
shipments are moved from shipping points to storage areas and
resolve issues with shipping orders.--Job Duties and
- Oversees and supervises shipping employees and drivers to make
sure all items are prepared, shipped, and received on time while
complying with company policy
- Acts as a liaison between workers and management to report on
shipping activities and issues.
- Interviews, trains, and leads shipping employees, identifies
areas for further development and learning.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of the
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process,
observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and
resources, implementing cost reductions, developing reporting
procedures and systems, facilitating corrections to malfunctions
within process control points, and initiating and fostering a
spirit of collaboration within and between departments.General
- Oversees and evaluates all activities of the dock and dock
employees, ensuring safe and efficient loading and unloading of all
freight and ensures accuracy, completeness, and condition of
- Conducts daily inspections, ensuring compliance with applicable
federal, state, local, and internal laws, regulations, and
- Provides shipping information by compiling, initiating,
sorting, and analyzing shipping schedules and data, answering
questions, and responding to requests.
- Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices,
packing slips, and receiver reports.--For ongoing discrepancies,
negotiate with shipping companies and implement internal
improvements to create a solution that prevents problems from
occurring. In some cases, we negotiate with the shipping company to
renew the contract.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders,
and other records to determine shipping priorities, work
assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping
- Monitors freight movement using various computer software
- Consults with production planning team to plan deliveries for
the next days.
- Schedule the necessary trucking to ensure timely delivery of
orders to our customers.
- Teaches and implements safe lifting and loading techniques and
regularly evaluates employees' compliance.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment,
and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and
procedures supporting safety culture and efforts through ergonomic
- Organize the shipping floor and list inventory on a regular
- Assesses efficiency and performance of dispatch and
distribution activities; identifies and recommends improvements to
shift, department, and facility.
- Ensures product handling and delivery practices meet customer
expectations, and daily, weekly, monthly, and annual business
- Assure consistent achievement of quality standards.
- Participates in quarterly physical inventory.Qualifications:
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- 2+ years in shipping dock supervision required.
- 5+ years previous experience in a shipping/manufacturing
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, ability to
communicate across multiple levels of management, departments, and
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to
meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and encounter the unexpected and
continue moving forward.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Strong understanding of applicable Occupational Safety and
Health Administration requirements and other related safety
policies and best practices.
- Understanding of manufacturing flow, with a focus on
- Basic understanding of truck freight rates.
- Basic understanding of Lean principles & tools in a
manufacturing setting, and the ability to apply these principles to
drive continuous improvement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to
monitor and maintain records and inventory.** Email resumes to for
immediate consideration **Why Kelly--?As a worker today, it's up to
you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to
learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's
next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the
evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each
year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and
opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never
imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Sayreville , Shipping Supervisor - Direct Hire, Somerset, NJ, Other , Sayreville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!