Power Plant Production Technician
Company: Vistra Corporate Services Company
Posted on: May 19, 2023
If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family
and would like to start a promising career with a global leader,
take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are
currently available and apply online.Job SummaryThis position is
responsible for performing operations functions, preventive and
corrective maintenance as applicable to job function to ensure
proper functioning of plant equipment will work under the direction
of site management.
This position is responsible for the proper function and
maintenance of equipment at a Gas Plant for the Gas fleet.
Responsible for promoting safe, effective, and reliable
operation.Job DescriptionKey Accountabilities:
- Operate and maintain facility in the control room or field,
optimizing plant performance through established procedures
- Operate equipment and perform repairs as needed, maintaining
plant equipment at the highest possible standard maximizing
availability, reliability, efficiency and profitability.
- Proficient skills for maintaining equipment at the plant
- Performs troubleshooting and documentation, and assists in the
resolution of problems discovered on shift
- Performs daily maintenance, overhauls, calibration,
troubleshooting, repair/replacement and removal/installation of
plant equipment and systems.
- Makes decisions and recommends appropriate repair techniques
for plant equipment to peers, supervisors, plant management.
- Conducts excitation system inspections and preventive
- Proficient in operating material handling equipment
- Develops and implements plant operating procedures
- Understands relationship of equipment to plant systems
- May provide instruction and teaching to lower level
- Ensures strict adherence to safety, health and environmental
procedures as they relate to plant operations and maintenance
including but not limited to Lockout Tagout, Job Safety Analysis,
Confined Space, Hot Work, Electrical Safety and PPEEducation,
Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- 4 -6 years related experience
- Satisfactory completion of Tier 2 within primary skill for
position job performance measure
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- If applicable, candidate will hold the required level of state
license as recognized by the governing body of that particular
- Demonstrate computer based skills
- Demonstrate effective oral & verbal communications skills
- Independent knowledge of troubleshooting
- Must pass POSS/MASS exam
- Position can be filled at a level 1-4 depending on skill and
- Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule and work overtime
and standby as needed
- Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes
in noise levels of equipment and accurately read and interpret
instruments and gauges, and communicate clearly on portable
- Ability to respond to plant emergencies.
- Ability to perform demanding work at heights under adverse
conditions and when participating in emergency activities.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and enter confined spaces, as
required, to complete assigned task.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. of weight.
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and fit test.Key Metrics:
- Satisfactory completion of Tier 3 training and qualification
- Demonstrate continual self improvement in job skills and
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with
or without notice.Job FamilyPlant OperationsCompanyLuminant Power
LLCLocationsSayreville PlantNew JerseyWe are a company of people
committed to: Exceeding Customer Expectations, Great People,
Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and Effective Communication. If this
describes you, then apply today!If you currently work for Vistra or
its subsidiaries, please apply via the internal career site. It is
the policy of the Company to comply with all employment laws and to
afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects
of employment, including in selection for job opportunities,
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, military service, protected veteran status, or
any other consideration protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Vistra Corporate Services Company, Sayreville , Power Plant Production Technician, Professions , Sayreville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...