Plant Operations Specialist- PT- Day
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: Old Bridge
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Plant Operations Specialist- PT- Day
Old Bridge Medical Center
Part-time without Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
"Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At
Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better,
healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a
culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning.
It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for
our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our
mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive
change." Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian
Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility,
Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more!!! Under
general supervision, operates, maintains and masters three of the
following trades throughout the Medical Center's facilities:
electrical, structural, mechanical, plumbing/pipe fitting,
locksmith and HVAC. Is a team leader, supervising mechanics when
- Install, repair, replace, troubleshoot
electrical circuits in three phase 208/480 volt starters and motors
- Install, repair, replace, troubleshoot electric circuits in 115
volt receptacles as assigned.
- Install, repair, replace, troubleshoot circuits, ballasts,
switches in lighting systems as assigned.
- Installation of new electrical service including breaker
panels, starters and disconnects as assigned.
- Replacement of breakers from 15 amp to 400 amp, 115V - 480V as
- Install conduit - sizes from 1/2" to 2", including layout,
bends, coupling, clamps and leveling as assigned.
- Install electrical wiring sizes #14 to #1, by the proper method
of wire pulling through conduits of all sizes as assigned.
- Isolate defects in relays, control circuits, and other
electrical equipment using the proper testing instruments.
- Perform clean and safe electrical practices while completing
- Perform all work according to the National Electrical Code.
- Install, repair, level and do layout of 2" x 2" and 2" x 4"
- Install partition steel studding for building framing. 13.
Install door buck framing, door buck and door.
- Install sheet rock sizes 3/8" to 5/8".
- Construct Formica cabinets/counters through sketches and field
- Install constructed Formica cabinets and counters.
- Spackle and plaster sheet rock walls.
- Install/repair floor tiles and cove base.
- Remove/demolish existing building structure for
- Complete minor masonry repairs.
- Safely operate all hand and power tools.
- Performs work according to blueprints and diagram
- Has clean and safe work habits while performing all duties.
- Install/replace/inspect bearings on shafts, motors, pumps and
- Install/replace, inspect seals on blowers, motors and
- Align and install couplings through the use of calibers
indicator on pumps and motors.
- Splices and installs belts on Chives and related
- Trouble-shoots motors, pumps and compressor malfunctions.
- Perform scheduled, effective preventive maintenance on
equipment throughout the Medical Center.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Machine Room air handlers,
exhaust equipment through: a. Pre-filter changing b. Bag filter
changing c. Outside A/H louvers operation d. Pipe insulation e.
Greasing f. Heat wheel operation
- Maintain cleanliness of inside air handler. Paint when
- Maintain proper records of all repairs on all equipment
- Must use clean, neat and safe work habits while completing
duties. Plumbing/Pipe Fitting
- Replace and repair steam piping, sizes 1/2" to 3".
- Repair/trouble-shoot faulty steam regulators and traps.
- Fits and threads up to and including 3" Schedule 80 pipe
through hand and electrical threaders.
- Welds iron pipe.
- Sweats or brazes copper pipe, sizes 1/4" to 4".
- Replace/repair sinks, toilets, water lines, drains and
- Unclog sewerage lines with use of power equipment.
- Isolate water and steam lines for necessary repairs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pre-heat coils, reheat coils, spray
humidifiers, chilled water coil and loops.
- Perform work according to blueprints and diagram
- Perform all work according to the National Plumbing Code.
- Uses clean, neat and safe work habits while performing all
tasks. HVAC/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Demonstrate working knowledge of HVAC units and refrigerant
changes on 1 to 20 ton units including window units.
- Demonstrate knowledge of refrigeration capillaries and
expansion type units as well as the proper refrigerant charge
- Install central refrigeration systems.
- Install central air conditioning systems.
- Trouble-shoot, calibrate, repair and install pneumatic controls
throughout the Medical Center.
- Must use neat, clean and safe work habits while completing
assignments. Area Maintenance Program
- General maintenance requirements
- Bed repairs
- Patient call repairs
- Comfort care preventive maintenance inspections
- Maintain proper corridor light and emergency exit sign
- Maintain proper ceiling tile appearance and cleanliness
- Must respond quickly to requests
- Maintain assigned floor with minimum supervision
- Area maintenance preventive maintenance schedule completed on
time and in a satisfactory manner
- Complete visual inspections of entire assigned area and repair
where and when necessary
- Complete proper record keeping on a daily work sheet Other
- Must observe safety standards of the Hospital and regulatory
agencies. Includes use of safety protective equipment, glasses and
- Performs snow removal duties.
- Provides competent assessment, treatment and/or care to
patients appropriate for the individualized and developmental needs
for the ages of those patients served.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), GED
equivalent programs, and/or other Vocational
- Minimum of five (5) year trades, electrical, structural,
mechanical, plumbing/pipe fitting.
- This position is Weekends Only
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Sayreville , Plant Operations Specialist- PT- Day, Professions , Old Bridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!